Thursday, February 12, 2009

Meet Me in St Louis

Kenta and I met his sister (Emi), her daughter (Kailie), and his mother (Sue) in St Louis. Emi and Kailie are living in Waynesville, MO where Kenta's mom was visiting them over this last week. His parents still live in the Kobe/Osaka area of Japan, but they visit the States a few times each year. Waynesville is about 6 hours away from Indy (where Kenta and I live), but we're only 4 hours from St Louis. So we made a compromise, and, in accordance with the old song, met in St Louis. It was just a quick trip, but we had a great time. We had a few different things planned, but we ended up just hanging out together for a while and doing a bit of shopping.

The star of the show was, of course, Kailie our nine month old niece. You'll notice in the pictures below that Kailie was in each of the photos as well. Until she gets too tired, she is a wonderful kiddo to be around. Very smiley and fun. Check out the pictures below to see the relaxing and fun time we had this weekend.


Virginia and Kailie at The Cheesecake Factory



Emi, Sue, and Kailie at The Cheesecake Factory


Kailie snoozing while we're shopping



Kenta and Kailie

Kailie *enjoying* some bananas


Hope you all have a nice Valentine's Day. Instead of spending that day with the ones I love, I will be delivering the products of other people's love -- a different spin on celebrating love on Valentine's Day. I'll let you know if there are more holiday themed names.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Virginia, I just finished my OBGYN rotation and I loved loved loved it! It was so much fun. Anesthesia and OBGYN are at the top of my list! I loved them both.

nathalia said...

That last picture of Kallie is hilarious! Madeleine (and I) feel the same way about bananas.

Anonymous said...

LOL. It's funny because she loves baby food bananas and finger foods. Just not bananas as a finger food I guess! Anyways we had a great time seeing you in Saint Louis!