Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Years 2009

Kenta and I both had the week off over the week of New Year's, so we flew across the country to spend the holiday with my siblings and parents. As one of my sister's couldn't take the time off, we all went to her in Salt Lake City. We had a fantastic time. We celebrated a late Christmas together, did some shopping, played some games, ate a lot of good food, and RELAXED!! It was wonderful. Kenta and I also reconnected with several friends who are living in the Salt Lake area. It was great to see so many good friends again.


Here are some pictures from our visit to Temple Square







The next few pictures are from 'Christmas Day' ... celebrated on New Year's Day.
This is my LARGE little brother Jack cuddling with a bunny. He's almost 18 years old now.


My sister Jessica and her husband Erik opening a gift.

My sister Rachel -- very excited about getting saffron rice.

K&V opening a gift. My brother Stephen is sitting on the other side of Kenta.

These are three of the sisters I served with in Korea. We had a mini mission reunion over a delicious brunch. On January 30 I celebrated my 7 year anniversary for entering the MTC. It's amazing how time flies!!

We also met up with Kenta's mission president and his wife.

But really this sums up our trip. We got more than our fair share of sleep and truly enjoyed having very little schedule to worry about.
Isn't Kenta adorable when he's asleep?

We hope that the New Year brings blessings and happiness to each of you as it has for us thus far. Take care and keep in touch.

2 comments:

nathalia said...

Great to hear updates from you guys! Looks like a fun holiday season, even with your work schedule. C'est la vie, right? I love the name Noelle and really want to have a baby at Christmas (that's just a wish, not a reality) so I can use that name!

Sie said...

What fun adventures! It's nice to see you are still alive and enjoying life in between deliveries! Have I ever mentioned what a cute couple you and Kenta are? Now here is proof! Take care!