Friday, March 6, 2009

I couldn't do it again if I tried

Today I finished clinic early, and I was very excited about being able to enjoy the warm weather outside. I jumped in my car and started to drive home. I rolled down the windows so that I could feel the warm spring air on my face. When I was about a mile from home I was assaulted!!! I felt something fly straight into the auricle of my ear (upper outer part) just like someone had shot a paintball at me. I grabbed a tissue in a panic and clawed at my ear. Then I wiped out my ear as much as I could. When nothing was on the tissue, I froze. I was afraid the offending agent was still around, and I didn't want it to go anywhere. As soon as I parked by car I found a very, very large housefly squirming on my chest. Luckily it didn't fall inside my scrubs. I grabbed the same tissue again and squished it in a vengeful manner. What are the chances?!! Just a few days ago it was 20 degrees, so there are hardly any bugs out at all. Then the largest bug that can fly happens to torpedo my ear. I guess there are some advantages to winter after all.... but I'm still thrilled that the weather is warming up. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate bugs!!!!! MO gets them bad and they're already coming out. Yuck.

Paul and Holly Domm said...

How unfortunate! What are the chances of that happening again(I'm assuming not very high)-but still once is definately enough. Hooray for the weather warming up though! I love that you and Kenta met Emi and his mom in St. Louis. Sounds like such a nice trip. Wow-can't believe how big Emi's little one is getting!