Sunday, February 1, 2009

Takagi Christmas 2008

Well Christmas for us was a little bit different this year. I could opt for the week of Christmas or the week of New Year's off this year, and since my sister's were on an "in-law" Christmas year, Kenta and I opted to have New Year's off this year. So I worked by heinie off this year over the holidays. In fact I had a 27 hr shift on Thanksgiving Day and a 27 hr shift on Christmas Day. No holidays for me.

Kenta had 2 weeks of paid vacation over the holidays as his office was completely closed down. So Kenta's sister Emi came to stay with us over the week of Christmas with her daughter Kailie. Here are some of the pictures we took during this time. You may notice that I'm in scrubs in all the pictures. Most of these were taken when I had come home from work -- post-call and too tired to care about what I was wearing.


As a side note, I did get to deliver several Christmas babies including one cute Hispanic baby who was named Jesus. There were also a couple Noelles and Mary/Marias.


Our Christmas Tree

Emi and Kailie at our Christmas Eve dinner

Kailie's first Christmas


Kenta and Kailie


I thoroughly enjoyed putting together Kailie new doll stroller. That was the best part of Christmas for me.



We celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve while using our webcam on Skype with the rest of Kenta's family in Japan who were celebrating their Christmas morning. It was a great set up, and it made it feel a lot more like Christmas to have Kailie around to open toys and be excited about everything.
We hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and holiday season.


No comments: