Monday, September 1, 2008

The Indy Zoo

Kenta and I had a three day weekend, so we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and see more of Indy. Also I've been wanting to go to the zoo here for a while. I love zoos! Indy has had koalas visiting for the last few months, so we had to see them before they leave next week. I have to say that it was somewhat anticlimactic as their habitat was very small and they were dead asleep. However, I can now say that I've seen koalas in real life. Enjoy a few of our pics from the trip.

Sleeping koala

Emu
Staring at the emu and kangaroo

Dolphin Show!! It was a lot of fun!
They sure do a great job of keeping the grass short.

Giraffes

I got to pet the elephant!! I was so, so excited!!


Bye, bye elephant...


The mama elephant took the entire pile of hay so that the baby elephant had to walk around picking up the stray left overs. Poor baby elephant.

2 comments:

Thank heaven for little girls said...

The girls really miss you. Especially Hannah you should really give her a call sometime. She would be so Happy!!

Paul and Holly Domm said...

I'm so glad your getting some time off and enjoying Indy. I love zoos too and can imagine what a nice day trip that was. We miss you guys!