Sunday, June 29, 2008

While we still live in New York State... Part 2


On our way back from NYC (see previous post) we stopped for the afternoon in Cooperstown, NY to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. I'll spare you the 20+ pictures that Kenta took while we were there. Here are a few representative pictures.



K&V in front of the Baseball Hall of Fame

A life-size sculpture of Babe Ruth. I thought this was especially amazing because it was all done in ash (the type of wood used for bats), but the folds of his uniform and the leather of his shoes seemed so real! I was super impressed.

This is part of the actual HALL of fame.

We had a great time. Kenta was like a kid in a candy shop looking at all the pictures and memorabilia. I have a tendency to try to read EVERYTHING when I go to museums. Kenta is usually pretty patient with this trait of mine, but he was so excited to see the rest of the museum that he ended up going through each room twice while I was going through it once. This gave him plenty of time to take those 20-30 pictures I previously alluded to. What fun.

No comments: